Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 2

Slow and steady wins the race. I might not win the half-marathon race, but I have won the race with myself. The goal was to run 3 miles. I ran 3.5 AND felt like I could keep going. Granted I was probably running 4.5 miles per hour, which is the equivalent of a power walk, but I DID IT!!! I felt so great and actually really enjoyed the time I spent in the great outdoors, the great jams that came onto my iPod in shuffle mode, and the think time. Who would have known I might like running so quickly??? Now we will see if this is an enduring romance between me and the art of running.

So far so good. Bring it 13.1.

Oh, BUT, note to self: Do not consume sausage or dairy pre-run...messes with the digestive system and causes gurgly tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment